User Review( votes)
Hot and Sour is a variety of soups from several Asian culinary traditions. In all cases, the soup contains ingredients to make it both spicy and sour. In winter or in cold weather, congestion and stuffy nose is a common problem. Also, stuffy nose is a general symptom of sinus cold. To get rid of this situation, inhaling steam and consuming a lot of hot liquid may help to reduce it. Research shows that different soups especially hot and sour soup can help to lower the issue of congestion and stuffy nose.
The nutrition fact as follows also shows that it is low fat appetizer. it is believed that each cup may contain 91 calories in all for standard ingredients. it may vary if some different items are used.Normally it contains 6 gms of proteins, 10 gms of Carbohydrates and almost 3 gms of Fats and 5 gms of unsaturated Fats. This make it low fat appetizer.
Hot And Sour Soup
- 1 Large Chicken breast (boiled & shredded)
- 8 Cup Chicken stock
- 1 Cup Water
- 3 Medium Carrots (peeled & shredded)
- 1/2 Medium Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 Green Onion (fine chopped)
- 6 tbsp Cornflour
- 3 Eggs May vary as per taste
- 1/2 tbsp Black Pepper Powder
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chinese salt
- 1 tsp Chicken Powder Optional
- 1/2 tbsp Sugar
- Soy sauce, Chili sauce (or Hot sauce), Green chili in vinegar, Black pepper powder and salt for serving with soup.
- Take a pan, add chicken stock (8 Cups), bring it to a boil.
- Now add carrot, cabbage, Salt, black pepper powder, sugar, chicken powder, green onion, Chinese salt and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- Now add the boiled shredded chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add well beaten eggs and stirring slowly and continuously.
- Now mix the cornflour and little water to make the thick paste. Add this to the soup and to avoid getting lumps keep stirring while adding the cornflour. Cook until it thickened.
- Tasty chicken hot and sour soup is ready to serve hot.
- Pour the soup in a pretty bowl and serve it with soy sauce, chili sauce (or hot sauce), green chili in vinegar, black pepper powder and salt.