User Review( votes)
Gajrela recipe is basically reposeful carrot pudding made when grated carrots and cooked with milk and sugar .So if the winters are near why not take advantage of fresh carrot and make delicious dessert with them. Topped with nuts, Gajrela goes great warm and cold. It is also called Gajar ki kheer.
The carrots are cooked in the milk and the milk is boiled until it gets thicker. You can also add cream to give it a smooth texture. This dessert is highly digestive and easy to cook and great to enjoy in the cold winters. It is a very popular recipe made occasionally in winters as well as on special occasions like Eid-ul-Fitr with sheer khurma. It can be used as a healthy, low-calorie substitute for gajar ka halwa which is also one of the most delecious dish of the subcontinent. Gajar ki Kheer recipe can be served as a desert in family dinners or even in wedding or other gatherings and functions in winters.
It is popular in the Punjab regions of India and now in the whole Indian subcontinent. It is made by slowly cooking shredded carrots along with ghee, concentrated and milk, sugar and khoya(optional). It is often served with a garnish of aromatic spices, almonds, cashews or pistachios. The recipes differ by region to region with defferent variation. Gajrela may be cooked without ghee and can include cheese or other milk solids for a sophisticated mix of flavors nut that is totally dependent on choice. It is common in Indian and Pakistani restaurants and is a seasonal street and cafe food served during the post-monsoon season to the whole winter.
It is surely the best dessert to serve your guests. This delightful dessert recipe can be ready in approximately 30 minutes and good to serve around 2-4 People.
- 4 kg Milk
- ½ kg Carrots
- 2½ cups Sugar
- 200 grams Rice
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom
- Khoya optional
- 50 gram Almond for garnishing
- 2 tbsp Coconut crushed, for garnishing
- Silver Paper optional, for garnishing
- Soak the rice in water for overnight. Then crush the rice until they are small and thin.
- Boil milk in a separate deep pan and add cardamom seeds. Add the crushed rice when boiled and stir continuously. After adding the rice add grated carrots in it. Set the flame on low and stir until the rice are soft and fluffy.
- Add sugar until the rice and milk has become a mixture. Soon the sugar will release water and you have to cook to dry it.
- When the mixture will start looking blended then add almonds and coconut. Off the flame and wait for the gajrela to get cold.
- Your tasty gajrela is all-ready.
- Garnish it and place it in fridge to serve cold or you can eat it hot.
- Try to use the pan with heavy bottom while cooking.
- Stir continuously during the whole process.
- You can serve it hot or cold according to your choice.
Soak the rice in water for overnight. Then crush the rice until they are small and thin.
Boil milk in a separate deep pan and add cardamom seeds.
Add the crushed rice when boiled and stir continuously.
After adding the rice add grated carrots in it.
Add sugar until the rice and milk has become a mixture. Soon the sugar will release water and you have to cook to dry it.
When the mixture will start looking blended then add coconut.
Then add almonds in it. Turn-Off the flame and wait for the gajrela to get cold.
Add one drop of essence.
Your tasty gajrela is all-ready.