User Review( votes)
Many people love the aroma of Capsicum (aka Shimla mirch). There are many ways of using capsicums in food, such as raw in salads, stuffed with mince and baked, sprinkled on pizzas or roasted under a grill. It is widely use vegetable. Although we can make many dishes with minced meat but this Ultimate Shimla Mirch Keema is a well known dish in Pakistan and many parts of South Asian home cooking.
It is pretty easy to make and tastes really good. Follow step by step will get you perfect taste. All the ingredients & method are provided for your assistance. Here capsicum compliments the combination of flavors within this minced gravy perfectly.
Shimla Mirch Keema
- ½ Kgs Minced Meat Beef/Lamb/Chicken/Mutton
- ½ Kgs Capsicum Fresh, cubed
- 1 Piece Onion Sliced
- 2 Piece Tomato Sliced
- 100 Grams Yogurt
- ½ tsp Gram Masala Powder
- 2 Green Chili Sliced
- Salt To taste
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp Green Coriander Chopped
- ½ Cup Oil
- ½ tbsp Ginger Paste
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Clove+Pepper+Cinnamon+Black Cardamom
- 8 Pieces Garlic cloves
- Heat the Oil in stew pot. Add sliced onion and fry to translucent. Add minced meat and fry a little.
- Add Salt, Red Chili Powder, Ginger Paste, Turmeric Powder, Clove, Pepper, Cinnamon, Black Cardamom, Garlic cloves.
- Cover the lid and allow to cook for 15 minutes on medium flame.
- Remove the lid and add tomatoes. Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Remove the skin of tomatoes, mix well all the ingredients.
- Add green chili, garam masala, and capsicum. Cook covered for another 10 minutes.
- Add yogurt, Now on high heat simmer the mincemeat and take it out in a dish when the oil comes up.
- Serve hot with Chapati/Roti.