Delicious Khoya Gulab Jamun
Soft Gulab Jamun are a popular sweet mainly made of Khoya and sugar. It is a festive delight and can be made easily at home.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Cook Time 20 minutes
Total Time 30 minutes
To Make Gulab Jamun
- 250 Grms Khoya Firmly Packed
- 1 tbsp Refined Flour Maida can also be used
- 1/2 Cup Full Milk Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Metha Soda
- Ghee/Oil for frying
- 1 tbsp Chopped Almonds, Pistachio, Silver Paper
- 1 Egg
For Sugar Syrup
- 2 Cup Sugar
- 1½ Cup Water
- 1 tsp Rose Water
- 1 tsp Green Cardamom Crushed
Preparing Sugar Syrup
Mix the sugar, water, green cardamom and rose water and place over low heat, stirring till the sugar dissolves. Make sure it does not boil.
Once the sugar dissolves, increase the heat , and then bring mixture to a boil. Cook till syrup thickens a bit and then take syrup off the stove.
With the heel of your palm mash the khoya, so that no grains remain.
Mix in the Flour, Milk Powder, Baking Powder, Metha soda, Egg and knead into uniform firm dough.
Shape the dough into marble-sized balls that are smooth and crease less. The shape will be round
Heat ghee in the skillet till a piece of dough tossed in comes up at once. Keep the heat low and fry the balls till a golden brown all over. Remove to a paper towel.
Add the fried gulab jamuns to the sugar syrup. Let jamuns soak for at least an hour before serving. Serve immediately, or chill.
Garnish it with almonds/pistachio and silver paper (chandi kay waraq) and serve as needed.
- If you are trying the recipe for the first time, you can halve the recipe and try.
- If the dough turns dry, then use little water.
- This recipe may not work with low fat milk powder.
- Addition of even little more soda may disintegrate the jamuns while frying or while soaking in syrup.
- Frying them on a very low flame will make them hard.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg