It is a dessert prepared with vermicelli, whole milk, sugar, dates as basic ingredients with some other ingredients which depends upon the areas it is made in.
Prep Time 35 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 40 minutes
Servings 6 persons
- 4 kg Milk
- ½ kg Sugar
- 250 gram Vermicelli (Sawayyan)
- 12 Green Cardamom Powder/Powder
- ½ cup Ghee
- 20 Almonds
- 2-3 Crushed Coconut
- 2 tbsp Pistachio
- 2 tbsp Casio
- ½ cup Condensed Milk (Khoya) optional
Take a skillet and add ghee in it. Add all the nuts and dry fruits in it and fry it.
Add vermicelli and fry it. When golden then add boiled milk and green cardamom seeds or powder in it. When boiled then cover the lid on low flame.
After 10 minutes uncover it and then add sugar in it and cook for 5 minutes.
Your delightful Sheer Khurma is ready save some fried nuts and then garnish it with them. Serve it hot or cold. Enjoy your Eid.
- If you are diet conscious then you can use butter or oil instead of ghee.
- Use whole milk otherwise result will not be the same.
- If you are using dry dates (chhouharay) then soak dry dates for half hour in water or hot milk and then cut into thin slices. You may use as whole too.
- Add khoya (dried milk solids) to make it richer and more flavorful. It’s optional but recommended.
- The pudding really thickens as it cools down, so I suggest adding a little milk before serving if you don't like thick.
Serving: 1person | Calories: 473.95kcal | Carbohydrates: 49.56g | Protein: 17.46g | Fat: 23.73g | Saturated Fat: 12.81g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 69.47mg | Sodium: 209.74mg | Fiber: 1.75g | Sugar: 15.31g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg