Suji Ka Halwa
This delightful Desserts recipe of Suji Ka Halwa can be ready in approximately 30 Minutes. Follow the below given step by step photo recipe to make it at home.
- 1 Cup Suji (Semolina)
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 1 Cup Ghee
- 2 Cups Water
- 1/2 Tsp Green cardamom Crushed
- 1 Tbsp Almonds - To garnish
- 2 Tbsp Coconut Ground
- 1/2 Cup Khoya Optional
In a deep, heavy based pan, add the suji and stir over low heat to roast it a little.
Mix crushed cardamom and roast till light brown.
Add ghee and mix it well to fry.
Fry on low flame till light brown with spatula. It will take about 8 to 10 minutes.
Add sugar and stir well.
Reduce flame to low; slowly add water and mix by stirring constantly. Add water incrementally and mix it well.
Cover the lid and cook on low flame for 2-3 minutes so that all water gets absorbed and add coconut.
Mix well and cook a little on low flame.
Suji Ka Halwa is ready.
Garnish it and serve hot, fresh.
- You can use Ground/Crushed/Sliced Coconut as you like.
- You can add cashew, pistachio as per your taste.
- For garnish, silver paper is a good choice.
- Khoya can be used for added taste.
- To enhance its taste you can use milk and also make it softer. The recipe remains exactly the same.
- Serve warm in breakfast or allow it to set for a few hours, cut it into pieces and serve it as a dessert.