Tempting Chicken Almond
To make your own, at home, if you want to try it…make sure that you have all your ingredients prepared and ready to go before you even think about cooking anything.
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 15 minutes
Total Time 20 minutes
- 400 grms Chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 3-4 Clove Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Gingerroot Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 200 grms Almonds blanched/Cashew nuts Fried
- 2 tbsp Green onions (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 heaped tbsp Corn flour (mixed with some water)
- 1 small Capsicum Cut in cubes Optional
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 medium Onion Cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp Olive/Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Chinese Salt Optional
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce Optional
- 2 Medium Green Chilli Finely chopped
Take chicken cubes in a shallow pan, add 2 cup of water and one pinch of pepper, salt. Cook it for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
Take oil in a skillet, add ginger and garlic to it, saute it.
Add chicken cubes, capsicum and onion cubes. fry it on high flame.
Add soy sauce, pepper, vinegar, Chinese salt, green chilli, sugar. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
Add chicken stock. Mix well and cook it to 1 boil.
Add liquidated corn flour for thickness. Simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
Stir in fried almonds & cashew nets.
Remove the mouth watering chicken to a serving platter, garnish it with green onion. Serve hot with Chinese rice or boiled rice, noddles. Enjoy the recipe!
- For quicker prep, use skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Try using walnuts instead of almonds for a nice change.
- Double up the portion if you have a big family.
- Make this tonight and I am sure you won’t get another takeout of Almond Chicken again!
Serving: 0g | Calories: 587kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg