User Review( vote)
Mostly people don’t like vegetable dishes but if you will try our method of making this delicious Aloo Baingan once, I bet it will give you a great taste and will surely make you a big vegetable lover.
Eggplants, which are also known as baingan in Urdu, are featured in a wide range of dishes in Pakistan. Aloo baingan is one of the easiest, tastiest Pakistani vegetable recipe. It gives aroma and flavors of fresh and tasty baingan . The recipe is quick, tasty and super easy. Just fry some onions and add some spices with baingan. Now you are ready to taste the most delicious Aloo Baingan that you have never eaten before.
This is a great recipe for eating with the family. Lots of tomatoes give both color and tartness to aloo baingan. For salads and side dishes it can be served and eaten with yogurt or kachumber salad. For some sour taste it can be eaten with pickle or chutney, especially the green chutney. Raita will also give a nice and tasty touch. This recipe is really easy and turns out a delicious dish that tastes great when served with hot chapatis or roti. It can also be eaten with boiled rice which also gives a brilliant taste to it . Aloo baingan is a delicious feast of the countryside too.
The recipe has lots of tasty ingredient but you can skip coconut, fennel seeds, curry leaves and few other ingredients if not available. You should try it once to have a great taste of a vegetable dish because I want to make sure that nothing will stop you from making this mouth-watering dish.
- 1/2 kg Eggplant (Brinjal) Cubes
- 1 Onion Medium, sliced
- 4-5 clove Garlic Ground
- 1 inch Ginger Ground
- 2 Tomato Medium, chopped
- 1 Potato Medium
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Whole Spices Ground
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/2 cup Oil
- 4-5 Green chilies chopped
- Fry the onion in a pan. When fried until brown then add garlic and ginger and fry until both ingredients are brown and then add tomatoes and spices. Mix the ingredients well and cook on medium flame for 2-3 minutes. Cover the lid for sometime on low flame.
- Uncover the pan and mix the ingredients again and then add eggplants and potatoes in it. Cook for 3-4 minutes and then add green chilies and then cover the lid on low flame.
- Now finally uncover the lid and then mix the ingredients one last time.
- Your Aloo baingan is ready. Serve hot.
- You can garnish the dish with chopped fresh coriander and onion.
- You can also use sliced eggplant.
Aloo Baingan Step-by-Step.
Fry the onions in a pan.
Add Garlic cloves and Ginger.
Mix the ingredients well.
Add green chilies and then cover the lid on low flame.
Your adorable Aloo Baingan is ready, garinsh it with cucumber and onion.