Chicken Almonds is a Chinese dish which is also favorite in Pakistan. This is one of my favorite dish, also. If you want to prepare just like Chinese restaurants, then follow the instructions carefully.
If you’re looking for a simple yet special recipe for chicken, this easy dish is an excellent choice. This quick and easy Almond Chicken dish has a rich and creamy almond flavor with a bit of an Asian twist, guaranteed to please the entire family. At restaurant, You’ll be lucky if you get 2 or 3 almond in your entire plate, but at home you can add as much as you need as per your taste.
Tempting Chicken Almond
- 400 grms Chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- 3-4 Clove Garlic Finely chopped
- 1 tsp Gingerroot Finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Soy sauce
- 200 grms Almonds blanched/Cashew nuts Fried
- 2 tbsp Green onions (chopped)
- Salt as per taste
- 2 heaped tbsp Corn flour (mixed with some water)
- 1 small Capsicum Cut in cubes Optional
- 1 tsp Ground pepper
- 1 medium Onion Cut in cubes
- 2 tbsp Olive/Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Chinese Salt Optional
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce Optional
- 2 Medium Green Chilli Finely chopped
- Take chicken cubes in a shallow pan, add 2 cup of water and one pinch of pepper, salt. Cook it for 10-15 minutes. Set aside.
- Take oil in a skillet, add ginger and garlic to it, saute it.
- Add chicken cubes, capsicum and onion cubes. fry it on high flame.
- Add soy sauce, pepper, vinegar, Chinese salt, green chilli, sugar. Stir fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock. Mix well and cook it to 1 boil.
- Add liquidated corn flour for thickness. Simmer until thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in fried almonds & cashew nets.
- Remove the mouth watering chicken to a serving platter, garnish it with green onion. Serve hot with Chinese rice or boiled rice, noddles. Enjoy the recipe!
- For quicker prep, use skinless, boneless chicken breasts. Try using walnuts instead of almonds for a nice change.
- Double up the portion if you have a big family.
- Make this tonight and I am sure you won’t get another takeout of Almond Chicken again!