Imli Ki Chutney is one of the sauce/dip which can be eaten with almost every dish. With pakoray and samosy it is best combination. It is an integral part of gol gappay, chat, aloo-chanay and a variety of savory snacks alike. You can use it with Fried Fish, Seekh Kabab. Home made chutney is also good for health.
It is not a tough recipe, there is no many ingredients in this recipe, it is very simple and easy. This imli chutney is slightly thick with a smooth texture. It has the sourness of imli balanced with the sweetness of the sugar and the earthiness and mild hotness coming from the ginger, cumin and red chili powder.
Imli Ki Chutney
- 1/2 Cups Tamarind Pulp Soak imli in water and squeeze out the pulp
- 1 Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- Salt to taste
- 1 Clove Garlic roasted Finely chopped
- 1/2 Inch Ginger Finely chopped
- Kishta (dried apricots) can be used for different taste
- If you want to store for future use then use an airtight jar and keep it in fridge.
- To make it more sweeter then sour, you can add more sugar.
- If you are conscious for sugar then jaggery (Gur) is alternative solution and different taste.