There are a number of variations in kheer such as lauki ki kheer, gajar ki kheer, aloo ki kheer but today I will tell you how to make a delicious chawal ki kheer.
Sweet and Delicious Kheer is one of the best dessert in the sub-continent. It is easy to make with just few tasty ingredients for making. It is widely made in traditional festivals all around Pakistan especially on Eid days. It is similar to the rice puddings.
One spoonful of this delightful sweet can bring you to your childhood when your mother used to make this dish. It gives a traditional touch to most of the special occasions such as marriage.
Its ingredients are pretty simple and tasty and can be bought and found easily in any place. Its taste, flavor and aroma can also be enhanced by adding cardamom, saffron and almonds. This dish varies from place to place in making.
Sweet and Delicious Kheer
- 2 kg Milk
- 200 grams Rice
- 2 tsp Cardamom
- 2 cups Sugar
- 14-16 Almond chopped
- 2 tbsp Coconut chopped or ground
- 1 drop Rooh Kewra
- Silver paper for garnishing
- Soak the rice in water for 2-3 hours. Then crush the rice until they are small and thin.
- Boil milk in a separate deep pan and add cardamom seeds. Add the crushed rice when boiled and stir continuously. Set the flame on low and stir until the rice are soft and fluffy.
- Add sugar until the rice and milk has become a mixture. Soon the sugar will release water and you have to cook to dry it.
- When the mixture will start looking blended then add almonds and coconut. Off the flame and wait for the kheer to get cold.
- After some time add rooh kewra drops to it.
- Your tasty chawal ki kheer is ready.
- Garnish it and place it in fridge to serve cold
- Try to use the pan with heavy bottom while cooking.
- Stir continuously during the whole process.
- You can serve it hot or cold according to your choice.
- You can also add chopped coconut instead of coconut powder.
Delicious Kheer Step-by-Step
Crush the rice after soaking.
Take a deep pan and add milk to it to boil
Add cardamom seeds.
Add the crushed rice.
Add sugar and then almonds and coconut powder.
Cook on low flame and stir continuously so that it do not burn
Your delicious Kheer is ready.
You can garnish it with silver paper and almonds as well.