User Review( votes)
If you do not want to go out but want to eat pure dhaba style mash ki dal then KookingMania.com is your right choice. This dry white lentils is all time favorite dish. Almost every dhaba and roadside hotel makes it. Due to its lovely and awesome taste it is a favorite of most Pakistani families. I am going to make it today and I am 100% sure that all will like it.
Dal recipes are a huge part of the staple diet in many SAARC countries India, Nepal, Bangladesh, and Sri Lanka. This is staple lentils of Punjab, Pakistan. This is widely eaten all over Pakistan in different forms with roti/chapati and boiled rice. It is served with pickle, green chutney, and fresh salad.
Mash Ki Daal
- 250 Grams Mash Ki Daal
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1 Medium Onion Sliced
- 1 Inch Ginger Julian
- 1 tsp Garlic-Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Coriander Powder
- Pepper 4-5, Clove 4-5, 1 Black Cardamom
- 5 Green chili
- Salt To taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric
- 1 tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Large Tomato Chopped
- 1½ Cup Water
- 1/2 Cup Fresh green Coriander
For Tempering (Tadka)
- 100 Grams Butter
- 4-5 Button Red Chili
- 1 tsp Cumin seed
- Soak the lentil for 15 minutes and then boil for another 15 minutes.
- Heat oil, add green chili, clove, pepper, cardamom and saute it.
- Now add Garlic-Ginger Paste, finely sliced onions. Cook until light brown. Now add Coriander powder, Salt, Turmeric , Red Chili Powder, chopped tomato, cumin and cook until light pink in color.
- Add boiled daal. Add 1/2 cup water and cook it on medium heat for 4-5 minutes till soft.
- For garnishing, you may use mint, green chili, spice powder.
- Serve it with salad, green chutni, tangy pickle.