User Review( votes)
Russian Salad is the highly popular traditional salad dish in Russian cuisine, which is also popular in other post-Soviet countries, many European countries, South Asia, Iran, Israel, Mongolia and also throughout Latin America. It is also known as the Olivier salad as the original version was invented by Lucien Olivier.
This either can be served as a starter or appetizer or with full meal as side item. It goes well with both Continental and Local cuisine and can be prepared with a few easily available ingredients in your kitchen.
Tasty Russian Salad
- 1 Cup Apple Cubes
- 1/4 Cup Mayonnaise sauce
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Cream
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage
- 1 Tbsp Black pepper powdered
- 1 Cup Elbow Macaroni
- Salt to taste
- Mix mayo and cream well.
- Boil the macaroni
- In a bowl, Combine Apple cubes, Cabbage, Macaroni, Salt and mix well.
- Dress it with Mayonnaise sauce
- Sprinkle black pepper powder.
- You can also store in an airtight box and once it is cold enough serve it with a delightful garlic bread or any bread of your choice.
- Boiled potato cube is a good addition.
- You can apply your own combination of vegetables, and even fruit like pineapple can be added.
- Cooked chicken or fish can also be used.
- Olives can enhance the taste and presentation.
- If you want to make it more indulgent you can add some almond paste
- To serve, add a little milk to the salad if it appears extra thick.