User Review( votes)
This recipe is easy and fantastic! actually the best fried rice. it is a real hit! Garlic Fried Rice is a delightful Chinese recipe. This rice recipe can be made in minutes and goes well with Almond Chicken, Chicken Manchurian and Chicken Shashlik.
This fried rice consists different ingredients (including salt and pepper) and yet every cook seems to have their own way of making it. Using a different fat, getting the garlic more or less brown, using different rice, and adding other seasonings are all ways to make it your own.
Any long-grain rice will work here. Long-grain rice contains more Amylose
than Amylopectin which keeps the individual grains of rice from sticking together. Short-grain rice, on the other hand, contains more Amylopectin than Amylose . My recommendation is Jasmine or a high-grade Basmati will work as well.
Egg and garlic fried rice is a good option for lunch, dinner or just a heavy brunch. If you have some leftover boiled rice from last night, then there’s no better way to just toss it with some egg and garlic to cook this delicious and fulfilling fried rice. A takeaway from the Chinese cuisine, egg recipes along with some rice work wonders with kids as they would love such mouth watering recipes. An easy to whip up egg and garlic fried rice.
While you can make garlic fried rice from freshly cooked rice, I recommend using day-old rice that’s spent the night in the fridge. The reason for this is that rice gets hard when chilled, preventing the rice from breaking or getting mashed as you fry it. As it heats up it will soften again, so by the time the rice is done, it has a perfect fluffy texture.
Garlic Egg Fried Rice
- 2 Cups Basmati Rice
- 1/2 Cup Carrot chopped
- 1/2 Cup Bell pepper chopped
- 1/2 Cup Cabbage chopped
- 1/2 Cup Spring Onion chopped
- 3-4 Cloves Garlic chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Chinese salt
- 2 tbsp Soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Hot sauce/Chili sauce
- 1 tbsp Chicken powder
- 2 Cups Chicken stock
- 1 cup Chicken cubes
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 2 Eggs Fried and shredded
- 1 Pinch Orange food color
- 1 tsp Black pepper freshly ground
- 3-4 green chilli chopped
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder Optional
- 1/4 tsp oregano Optional
- To prepare this easy dish, take a bowl with water and soak the rice in it for around half an hour.
- Boil the rice in the rice cooker or in a pot over the stove and set aside uncovered to remove moisture.
- Add the oil in the large skillet. Add the chopped garlic in the pan and stir fry. Add Spring Onion, Carrots and fry a little. Add the Chinese salt, Black pepper, bell pepper, chopped green chilies,cabbage and salt. Fry all the ingredients for 2 – 3 minutes on high flame.
- Add shredded boiled chicken. Stir fry. Add boiled rice, vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce, chicken powder, oregano and mix it well.
- Add shredded fried eggs and yellow color. Cover the lid for 3 minutes on low flame.
- Your Garlic Fried rice are ready. Serve Hot.
- Lemon juice to add interest to plain white rice.
- You can use any short grain rice or even regular Jasmine or Basmati.
- Gather all the ingredients first and then start cooking.
Garlic Egg Fried Rice Step-by-Step
Soak rice for half hour
First make your ingredients ready
Fried and shredded egg.
Pour the oil.
Add chopped Garlic and Spring Onion in oil.
Add Carrots and fry.
Add salt and Black pepper.
Add paprika powder and green chili.
Add cabbage and fry for 3 minutes.
Add chicken .
Add rice, add vinegar, soy sauce, chili/hot sauce and chicken powder.
Add some eggs to it.