User Review( votes)
When you’r tired or have nothing to cook but you want something for eating in no time then Quick Ready Aloo Ki Katlian is your best choice. Farmaishi chapati/roti/phulka goes well with this dish. In breakfast, Lachha Paratha with Aloo ki Katlian is an awesome combination.
Potato is the vegetable which easily fits with most of the vegetable and meat. It is also called MEAT OF THE PUNJAB. But it can be cooked alone too. When you have less choices to cook in less time then potato dish comes handy. Alu Ki Katlian is an easy and traditional cooking recipe to prepare at home easily. It provides you an awesome taste of Vegetables.
Aloo Ki Katlian
- 1/2 KG Potatoes Fresh, Peeled, Cut into thin slices
- 1/2 Cup Onion Chopped
- 1 tbsp Ginger-Garlic Paste
- 2 Pieces Green Chili Finely Chopped
- 1/2 Cup Tomato Finely Chopped
- Salt To Taste
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5-6 Pieces Button Chili
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 Cup Green Coriander Fresh
- 1/2 tsp Gram Masala Powder
- 1 tbsp Kasuri Methi Dried
- 1/2 Cup Oil
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- Peel and cut the potatoes into Thin slices.
- Heat the oil. Add chopped onion and salt. Cook till translucent.
- Add red chili, ginger-garlic paste and saute a little.
- Then add tomato, red chili powder, Turmeric Powder, Coriander Powder. Mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- When oil separates add potato slices. Add 1 cup of water and stir well. Cover the lid and cook till slices soften.
- Remove the lid, add garam masala, kasuri methi and stir some. Garnish it with green coriander.
- Ready to serve with roti/chapati.
- Good serving with Lachha paratha in breakfast or otherwise.