User Review( votes)
Methi or Fenugreek leaves is considered as essential Ingredient of Pakistani, Indian and Middle Eastern countries. Dried Methi leaves are called Kasuri Methi in sub-continent, is used in different dishes for flavor. Several recipes are made with green leaves mixing with others like Methi Aalo (potato), Methi meat, Methi lentil, etc but methi Qeema has its own place.
Select fresh methi and separate the green leaves from stems and wash them well.
- 500 Grams Methi leaves Green
- 500 Grams Minced Meat Small Pieces
- 1 Medium sized Onion
- 1 Tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 Tbsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 Tsp Termeric Powder
- 1 Tsp Blend of ground spices Powder
- 1/2 Cup Cooking Oil
- 1 Medium Tomato
- Salt As reqired
- Cut the onion into thin slices.
- Pour oil in stew pot, add onion slices to it and put it on medium fire.
- Fry it to medium brown. Add ginger garlic paste, stir fry and add mince to it and fry some more. Add salt, chili, turmeric and tomato.
- Lid it for seven minutes on low flame. Remove the lid and stir it well on high flame till the oil separates.
- Dish out and sprinkle ground spice powder. Methi Qeema is ready
- 5 – 6 person serving.
- Serve with Nan, Rooti or lachha paratha.
- Serve with plain yogurt, Raita (onion tomato raita, cocumber raita, green chatni raita).