Raita is the common name of a condiment, originating from the Indian subcontinent, made with yogurt, locally known as dahi. Dip is the closest approximate of Raita in Western Cuisine. Raita has a cooling effect rather than spicy.
- 1 Cup Plain Yogurt
- 1 garlic clove
- thumb-sized piece ginger finely grated
- ½ small packcoriander, chopped
- ¼ small pack mint , leaves chopped
- juice ½ lime
- With quarter cup of water, blend ingredients well so that it converts a thick smooth mixture.
- Beat the yogurt with hand beater or small spoon in medium bowl.
- Mix well with yogurt, raita is ready
- There is alternate method. Mix Green Chutney. Season to taste with salt. Chill raita, covered, until ready to serve.