User Review( votes)
Preparing Lacha Paratha, which is a multi layered shallow fried Paratha, is an epitome of the art of cooking which tells us how we can make delicious and tempting paratha from some common unassuming ingredients by just deploying a new technique in its preparation.
It is a popular Pakistani paratha. The word ‘Lacha’ literally means layers in Urdu. Thus, the name lacha paratha is the exact translation of the phrase ‘layered flat-bread’. This paratha is roasted with ghee or sometimes shallow fried. The parathas shallow-fried with ghee are richer and tastier than the roasted ones. You can roast or shallow fry these parathas depending upon how rich you want them. I always prefer the ghee roasted version.
It is a popular paratha recipe prepared easily. It is very similar to kerala paratha however, the taste is different. There are many ways of preparing lachha paratha in Pakistan. however, I have showed, three simple way of creating perfect layers. Lachha paratha doesn’t require more oil.
If you belong to Pakistan especially the Punjab province, then you know that mornings and parathas have a great bonding. People also eat it in sehri for taste and energy in fast (roza) and it does not allow the hunger to disturb you. It can be eaten with any tasty curry but surprisingly people of Karachi in Pakistan prefer it to be eaten with tea.
This step by step photo recipe employs extremely easy and unique technique and provides detailed instructions to help you make perfectly layered lacha paratha.
- 2 cup Fine Flour kneaded
- 1 tbsp Salt
- ¼ cup Ghee
- Roll the dough in a round shape. Role the round dough with a rolling pin. Spread ghee over the flat bread.
- Cut at the radius of the flat bread from the center to the edge. Roll the flat bread into a cone shape. Press the top with thumb and then again turn into a round shape.
- Cut the flat bread into different stripes. Role the stripe into a bigger stripe. Make a round ball of the stripes again.
- Double the flat bread and then cut the the bottom several times. Open the flat bread and then roll it into a round ball again.
- Double the flat-bread. Spread ghee and double the flat-bread agian. Roll into a snake like shape. Roll into a round ball.
Instruction For Cooking
- Place a griddle on high flame.
- Now place the round ball on rolling board and press it from the center to make it flat.
- With the help of rolling pin make it more flat and round like a roti.
- Roll it to the size having 5-6 inches radius.
- Now with the help of your finger and palm place it on hot griddle.
- Cook the flat bread. Let one side cook and then flip it. Cook the other side until it is half cooked.
- Add ghee to half cooked side and let it cook until red.
- Now flip the other side and cook in ghee too, till fully cooked.
- Your tasty Lacha Paratha is ready. Serve hot.
- You can choose one of the 4 ways mentioned above to make this dish.
- The dough of the paratha should be kneaded like the one of ordinary paratha or roti’s wheat.
- You can also add cumin seeds in making.
- It can be served in breakfast with eggs or tea.
4 Ways to make Lacha Paratha step-by-step
Roll the flour in a round shape.
Role the round flour with a rolling pin.
Spread ghee over the flat bread.
Cut the radius of the flat bread.
Roll the flat bread into a cone shape.
Press the top with thumb and then again turn into a round shape.
Cut the flat bread into several stripes.
Roll the stripes one by one over each other.
Roll the stripe into a bigger one.
Make a round ball of the stripes.
Double the flat bread and then cut the the bottom several times.
Open the flat bread and then roll it into a round ball again.
Spread ghee on the flat-bread.
Double the flat bread and spread ghee.
Double it again.
Roll into a rope like shape.
Roll into a round ball.
Roll the round ball again.
Place it on hot griddle and allow to cook
Flip it and cook the other side.
Half cook the side
Let one side cook and then flip it. Add ghee
Cook the other side until it is red.
Flip the side and let it fully cook, too
Your tasty lacha paratha is ready. Serve hot.